Getting gorgeous skin doesn’t have to cost you a fortune and you don’t have to spend hours on your daily beauty routine for your skin to look gorgeous. Life at the moment is particularly stressful, no one has the time or the energy to worry about their skin care. The good news is that if you focus on a few easy steps, you will end up with amazing looking skin.
Looking after your skin is important but that does not mean spending all your hard-earned money on the most expensive serums, creams, and masks. You can prioritize your skin care without having to wake up before the sun rises to start your skin care routine.
This guide is here to help you get gorgeous skin, easily!
- Cleanse twice a day. Cleansing your face every morning and evening is important as it removes all dirt and excess oils from your face. When you are looking for a cleanser, consider your skin type. Find one that will work with your skin, replenishing what needs to be replenished. You can use the same cleanser for both the morning and evening or alternatively opt for a gentle option at night. You do not want the cleanser to irritate your face.
- ALWAYS add sunscreen. Sunscreen is non-negotiable and you need to make sure it is a part of your daily skin care routine. Even if it is winter or looks overcast outdoors, apply your sunscreen. You can try to find a moisturizer that has a sunscreen in it. Make sure that it is a high SPF though otherwise you will need to still add sunscreen.
- Exfoliate. When you exfoliate you remove dead cells and this helps your skin to rejuvenate, leaving you with a smoother looking skin. Look for an exfoliator that works for your skin type and apply it twice a week.
- Remove your makeup. We are all guilty of this! By the end of the day you are exhausted and taking off your makeup seems like just too much effort, but it is so important to take the time to remove your makeup before you go to bed. You can invest in one of our makeup erasers, it will make the process so much easier. If you leave your makeup on it will just clog up your pores and your skin won’t be able to breathe while you sleep.
- Moisturize twice a day. Apply your moisturizer every morning after you cleanse but before you apply your makeup and then again, every evening after you cleansed. It might take a few tries to find the right moisturiser for your skin and you may need to adjust it when the seasons change but make sure that you moisturize in the morning and again in the evening.
Daily Habits for Gorgeous Skin
Maintaining a gorgeous skin is not just about the products you are using but also about your daily habits.
- Drink enough water (yes even in winter). Water helps to keep your skin hydrated, so make sure you are getting your 8 glasses in every day.
- Avoid the sun. The sun provides us with Vitamin D and it is essential we do get outside but avoid extended periods of exposure to the direct sunlight.
- Try not to touch your face. This might be something we are good at now thanks to COVID-19. Touching your skin clogs your pores and can add dirt and grime onto your face.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet. This does not mean dieting, it just means focus on feeding your body nourishing, healthy food.
- Get enough sleep. Sleep has many overall benefits for your well being including the health of your skin. A lack of sleep results in puffiness under your eyes and dark circles and no one wants that.
If your skin is not looking great, make these small changes to your life and the result will be gorgeous, glowing skin.